But my back doesn't hurt

Monday, Jan. 15, 2018

"I don't need to see a chiropractor because my back doesn't hurt."

Chiropractors hear this all of the time. And yes, some chiropractors do focus solely on back pain. But, many, including me, look at things differently. Because not having pain doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't a problem. Unless there was an acute accident (you were hit by a baseball bat or in a car accident), pain is often the last symptom to show up and the first to go away. It is your body's final call for help. And only about 10% of your nervous system actually feels pain. There can be a problem with the other 90% and you will never feel pain! These things don't simply occur overnight.

When a new patient comes into my office I will ask about his or her pain, but also do much more than that. I will check a patient's range of motion, posture, balance and the integrity of eye function. These tell me a lot about how the brain is talking to the body and vice versa. If there is a disconnect or a deficit, we've got work to do. As soon as a nervous system function is inhibited, all bodily functions are impaired. This can and will occur before pain is felt. After these test, I will then check the spine and extremities for subluxations, decreased mobility and asymmetry. 

chiropractor working on back

Depending on the findings, treatments could include chiropractic adjustments, soft tissue mobilization, myofascial release and neurological retraining. A chiropractor do as much as they can during assessment and treatment, but what's done outside of that time truly has an impact on health. So even if you aren't currently experiencing back pain, an assessment from a qualified chiropractor might determine that there is a problem, improve any underlying injury or issues, and help prevent future reoccurence. 

A chiropractor will do their very best to make sure you are your very best.

https://www.drkristenchiro.com/single-post/2016/06/20/But-My-Back-Doesnt...

LIKED THIS POST? SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!