Available at multiple locations
2121 Marine Drive West
Second FloorWest Vancouver,British ColumbiaV7V 4Y2
PhD, Msc, BSc in Physiotherapy
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Daana has Ph.D, MSc and BS degrees in Physiotherapy and completed two years of postdoctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine at University of Alberta. She has more than 10 years experience in teaching and researching in academic institutes of Canada and Iran, and in orthopedics and sports physiotherapy. She has been teaching fundamental courses of physiotherapy such as physiotherapy in orthopedic disorders and sports injuries to MSc and Ph.D students. So far, she and her research team have published numerous scientific articles about ACL injury, knee osteoarthritis, chronic neck pain, balance control, ankle instability, etc.
Daana is skillful and experienced in diagnosis of Musculoskeletal Conditions, Balance Rehabilitation, Joint and Soft tissue Mobilization, Chronic Pain Management and Exercise Prescription. She has a special interest in the following as well:
- Assessment and training of recreational and competitive athletes:
- Identifying individual risk factors for sports injury
- Developing a training program to prevent injuries
- Sports Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Knee, Ankle and Shoulder Sports injuries
- Research experience in ACL injury, Ankle Instability, Antrior knee pain, etc
- Expert in examination and treatment of Joint and muscle problems.
Daana works with her clients to help them accomplish their treatment goals and improve their quality of life. She educates her clients to empower them to manage their symptoms and engage them actively in goal setting and treatment.
When not in clinic, she spends her time reading and enjoying nature by hiking, cycling, etc. She also enjoys writing short stories inspired by real-life characters and events.