As provinces start to reopen and restrictions for businesses are lifted, Lifemark is actively working on expanding our number of clinics and facilities that can offer in-person services again. The health and safety of our patients and team members remain our highest priority, so we’ve developed three key guiding principles to support us as we work towards providing in-person services again. They are:
- We will provide care in the safest way possible
- Our values live within us and guide all our decisions
- Our mission, Movement to a better life, has never been more important
In accordance with these principles, we’ve developed the Lifemark S.A.F.E.R approach, which defines our commitment to operating safely.
S: SCREENING of all patients and staff to ensure safety for all
- When booking an appointment, patients will be screened by telephone and will be screened again in person before entering the clinic
- All clinic team members will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire every day before entering the clinic
- Face masks and hand sanitizer will be available for all patients and staff
A: ADJUSTING our facilities to maintain social distancing
- Patient appointment times will be staggered throughout the day to facilitate social distancing, health screenings and regularly cleaning treatment areas and equipment
- Clinic waiting and treatment areas have been rearranged to maintain physical distancing of 2 meters, with signage and floor decals as reminders
- Clinic operating hours and schedules will be adjusted to accommodate the above changes
F: FOCUSED EFFORTS on enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of our clinics and facilities
- Plexiglass screen guards have been installed at all clinics in the reception area
- Clinics are thoroughly cleaned every day
- Following all treatment sessions, staff will clean any equipment used and all “high touch" surfaces, such as door handles
E: EFFECTIVE usage of Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”)
- Every patient will receive a mask before their appointment
- Clinics are adhering to all Personal Protective Equipment recommendations by provincial public health authorities and professional regulatory bodies
R: REACHING the best possible outcomes for our patients and customers
- We remain committed to ensuring we provide the best possible care for our patients
We also continue to offer a broad range of services through Virtual Care, which uses secure, private and easy to use video conferencing technology to allow you to consult a Lifemark clinician from the comfort of your own home. As we have restricted operations due to safety protocols, patients should expect to receive care in-person and/or through Virtual Care.
If you’re struggling with an injury, don’t put off treatment. Through Virtual Care and in-person services, we are committed to providing services in the safest manner. To schedule an appointment, contact a Lifemark clinic near you or visit Lifemark.ca.