A Message to our Community
November 30, 2020
We remain open during heightened levels of restrictions
While parts of the country enter into new levels of restriction, we continue to remain open for in-person services at all locations across the country.
The health of our patients and staff remain our top priority. Our clinics across the country remain open and our Medical Assessment and Home and Community Care services are operational under our current stringent safety guidelines. Learn more about our enhanced measures in this video.
In addition to in-person appointments being available, virtual care appointments are also offered, which enables you to remain in the safety and comfort of your own home. For greater flexibility, hybrid care, a combination of both service types, is also available.
Thank you for continuing to place your trust in us. We are closely monitoring the situation and following recommendations from governmental, public health agencies and our professional colleges and associations. We will continue to provide updates as the situation continues to evolve.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
October 26, 2020
We’re open and here for you
As Canada continues to experience a rise in cases across regions, we want to assure our patients and the communities we serve that we are following the guidance from government, public health agencies and our professional associations and remain open for assessments and treatment at this time.
All of our clinics, including our facilities in Winnipeg, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa as well as Peel, and York regions in Ontario remain open and continue to offer both in-person and virtual care services. For your protection, all clinics continue to adhere to our health and safety policies, including:
- Daily COVID-19 screening for all patients and staff
- Enhanced sanitation and cleaning measures
- Appropriate physical distancing
- Effective usage of personal protective equipment (PPE)
The next time you visit us you will be required to wear a Lifemark supplied medical mask at all times within the clinic.
Additionally, our Home and Community Care services, our Employee Workplace Health and Wellness programs as well as our Medical Assessment division remain operational during this time.
Our exceptional team has worked hard these last few months to ensure consistent and comfortable delivery of care, and we remain unwavering in our commitment to maintain the health and safety of our patients and customers. See the full list of enhanced health and safety measures here.
September 21, 2020
We are pleased to see our patients back in our clinics. With clinics open across the country, we are continuing to provide care in several ways that offer our patients flexible options to seek treatment while helping to ensure the safety of our patients and team members, which remains our number one priority.
We remain steadfast in our commitment to delivering in-person care in the safest way possible. The Lifemark S.A.F.E.R. approach continues to guide how we modify in-person care. A virtual tour video is also available so you know what to expect at your next appointment.
All of our clinics are offering in-person treatment, virtual care and a combination of the two, which we refer to as hybrid care.
Some of the benefits of hybrid care include:
- Enhances flexibility for appointment scheduling
- Enables clinicians to gain first-hand knowledge of at-home ergonomics and environmental considerations.
- Reduces the need to leave work or home or take time for driving to and from appointments
- Increases access for those in remote locales, on vacation within the province, or those challenged with transportation to and from an appointment
Our clinicians and team members continue to work hard to ensure the safety and continuity of care for our patients. Perhaps most importantly, we would like to thank our patients and customers for the trust you have placed in us and we look forward to supporting your health and rehabilitation needs.
June 26, 2020
Now offering in-person and virtual care appointments
In-person treatment is now available in addition to Virtual Care in Lifemark clinics across Canada. Please note that we have implemented enhanced measures at our clinics to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. View our virtual tour video so you know what to expect at your next clinic appointment.
May 7, 2020
As we begin to see restrictions lifted in various provinces across Canada, including British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland, we are actively working on expanding the number of local clinics available for in-person care. As we prepare to welcome you back to our facilities, we want to reassure you that the protection of patients and staff remains our highest priority.
We have made a number of changes to the way our clinics operate and have implemented enhanced measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. In order to offer in-person treatment as safely as possible, we have implemented the Lifemark S.A.F.E.R. approach.
SCREENING of all patients and staff in order to ensure safety for all
- When booking an appointment, patients will complete a screening questionnaire via telephone and a secondary in-person screening, consisting of a questionnaire, will be required prior to entering the clinic
- All clinic staff are screened each day before entering the clinic which includes a questionnaire and touchless temperature check
- Lifemark supplied medical masks are required to be worn at all times within our clinic
- Hand sanitizer will be available to all patients and staff
ADJUSTING our Workspace to maintain social distancing
- Patient appointment times will be staggered to enable social distancing, screening, and time for cleaning treatment areas and equipment
- Clinic waiting and treatment areas have been rearranged to maintain 2m physical distancing with signage and floor decals as reminders
- Clinic operating hours and clinician schedules will be adjusted to accommodate the above changes
FOCUSED EFFORTS on enhanced cleaning/disinfecting our clinics/offices
- Plexiglass screen guards have been installed at all clinics at reception
- Clinics will undergo a thorough cleaning each day
- Following all treatment sessions, staff will clean any equipment used and all high touch surfaces such as door handles
EFFECTIVE usage of Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”)
- Every patient will receive a mask prior to the start of their appointment and are required to be worn at all times within our clinic
- Clinics are adhering to all PPE recommendations by provincial public health authorities and professional regulatory bodies
REACHING the best possible outcomes for our patients and customers
- We remain committed to ensuring we provide the best possible care for our patients
- Patients can choose between in-person or virtual care service, or a combination of both, to best meet their needs
Support for frontline workers
As part of our Lifemark Cares initiative, we are committed to support frontline healthcare workers and are providing physiotherapy and rehabilitation care, at no cost, for the month of May. Frontline Healthcare workers (physicians and nurses working in hospitals) can receive care – including both in-person treatment and virtual care services – in communities in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia.
We will continue to closely monitor re-opening timelines across the country and will provide further updates on these timelines, as well as any changes we may make to patient care.
For the most up‐to‐date details on our locations and services, contact us at 1-855-485-1344 or [email protected].
April 16, 2020
We hope that you are remaining healthy and safe and importantly we want you to know that we are here for you.
In response to the COVID-19 epidemic, we have focused efforts on enhancing our virtual care experience and its accessibility to patients and have also taken measures to heighten safety for our patients that require urgent in-person care in communities where we operate throughout Canada.
Meeting your needs during the COVID-19 pandemic
While we know Canadians are staying home and doing their part to help stop the spread of the virus, we also know if you have pain or an injury, it just doesn’t just disappear. Our dedicated and experienced clinicians are delivering care through our secure Virtual Care Model. We are passionate about helping you recover and can make a difference by assessing and treating you via Virtual Care, securely in the comfort of your home by a registered clinician. For more information on virtual care visit www.lifemark.ca/virtual-care
For individuals that are experiencing an urgent situation, a select number of our clinics, covering most communities, are able to see patients on an essential basis. Rest assure that we are using proper procedures and protocols in all of our locations providing in-person care and that patients and staff are screened in accordance with recommendations of our government health agencies and regulatory bodies. Contact 1-855-485-1344 to find a location near you.
Our commitment today and for the future
We want to thank our staff in every community across Canada for their unwavering dedication and ability to adapt our services to meet the needs of our patients during the COVID-19 crisis.
As we navigate the COVID-19 crisis, we are doing so in alignment with the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Canadian Public Health Agency, and Provincial Public Health Authorities. Our virtual and in-person services are continually monitored to ensure we are providing the highest quality and most effective care for our patients and our staff.
Again, we are here for you, today and always.
Stay safe and healthy.
Your Lifemark team
March 18, 2020
For over 20 years, Lifemark’s mission has been to enrich the health of Canadians. This is now more important than ever as together we face a global pandemic. Lifemark will be continuously modifying our delivery of services, as we actively monitor COVID-19 and follow recommendations from governmental and health agencies across the country.
Delivery of Care
At the current time, we continue to operate many of our clinics to provide in-person services to patients that require essential or urgent care. This is occurring with mandatory COVID-19 screening before all in-person treatment, in accordance with the Canadian Public Health Agency, provincial health agencies and other leading sources. For most patients, we are moving to a Virtual Care Model. This will allow us to continue to offer care to patients across Canada while supporting public health initiatives.
As rehabilitation professionals, we have an essential role to play in the context of infectious disease outbreaks and in doing so we help reduce the strain on our public hospitals, allowing them to better focus their resources on fighting COVID-19.
Safety of Staff and Patients
Our safety, quality and clinical teams have been working as part of our pandemic planning process to ensure:
- our patients and staff have the information they need to keep up to date and to make informed decisions regarding their health and service delivery options
- we have the right people, processes and systems in place to safely provide and sustain services to our patients
- adherence to strict policies and procedures related to COVID-19
We would like to thank our clinicians for their support and unwavering commitment to the healthcare of our patients. Together with our staff, we are working nationally with our healthcare partners and agencies as we navigate delivering care and prioritizing the health and safety of all, every step of the way.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate these challenging times.
Stay safe and healthy,