Physiotherapy is what we do best
Our physiotherapists have a singular goal - to get you back to life. How? Lifemark physiotherapists’ focus is on you – our patient. They achieve results by using modern equipment, constantly training and improving their skills, and mastering the techniques that best suit your needs.
Cost and coverage
Whether you are receiving physiotherapy, chiropractic service, massage therapy, occupational therapy or other types of rehabilitation services, most health insurance providers reimburse all or a portion of the fees.
Our clinic staff can help confirm your health insurance coverage. Your treatment may be partially or fully covered if you have extended health benefits, a worker’s compensation claim, or were injured in a motor vehicle accident.
Find a Lifemark clinic to determine the coverage options available to you which may include:
- All third-party insurance
- Extended health benefits
- Worker’s compensation
- Motor vehicle accident insurance
Please note that for payment, all major credit cards, debit, cash and personal cheques are accepted.
The physiotherapy clinic
Lifemark physiotherapy clinics aim to give you the same compassionate care and level of service a professional athlete would receive. We will help find the right, experienced therapist for you; whether you were injured playing sports, need to recover after surgery, were hurt on the job, involved in a car accident, or to heal a nagging injury that just won’t go away.
Our clinics are located across Canada in major cities and the surrounding communities.
In every location, you can expect:
- Highly-trained, experienced, and personable physiotherapists
- A customized treatment program based on your pain and injury
- We also offer specialty programs for concussion care, cancer rehab, pelvic health, dizziness and balance
- Convenient morning, day and evening hours, with some clinics open on Saturday
- A friendly, modern setting and treatment equipment (ultrasound, electrotherapy, laser, etc)
- No premium fees
- An effort to match your personality and injury with the right therapist - based on experience, skill set, and techniques
Is physiotherapy right for you?
Your first appointment:
The most important thing is determining the sources and causes of your injury and pain. Your physiotherapist will take you through a complete physical and pain assessment; as well as speak to you about your history, sport, lifestyle, and work.
Your first appointment will last an hour. Your physical assessment will not only include the area of injury; but also your total body mechanics, flexibility, strength, join movement, and an array of specialized tests and techniques specific to your injury.
You won’t need to undress, but please wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that allow the physiotherapist to see how you move and gives access to the part of your body that hurts. For example, with a shoulder issue, wear a loose, sleeveless shirt. If we’re looking at your knee or your hip, a pair of shorts is good.
We’ll also discuss any medical history that relates to your condition, so please bring details of health problems and past treatments.
your customized treatment plan including a home exercise plan delivered to you in print or online (with access to video and animated instruction). The treatment program may include:
- Hands on, one-on-one manual therapy for joint mobilization
- Muscle and soft tissue techniques such as Active Release Technique (ART)
- Functional exercises related to your sport, daily activity, or work
- Proper stretching instructions for flexibility and mobility
- Focus on your feet and walking mechanics
- Postural improvement techniques and exercises
- Modalities such as ultrasound and electrotherapy
- Prevention, lifestyle, and exercise education